Archive for the 'Mishka' Category
I have been waiting for the right time to do my staff picks. I knew with the new 10 Deep and Mishka holiday drops coming in, they would be perfect for it. What I really wanted to do use is the “10 Deep High Post Burgundy Cargo pants”, and base the outfit around that. I really think its a perfect use of burgundy corduroy on a cargo pants style…something I never have really seen. I also added the Mishka Destroy bottle opener to the belt loop, as you it never hurts to be prepared for those non-twist off bottles.
The tops I pieced together are the “Young and Dangerous” tee with the “Native Hooded Zip”. The Young and Dangerous tee I find pretty funny and awesome at the same time, as it takes me back to when I was a kid. I always loved lions. I was always watching discovery channel for specials about lions, as I always found myself watching in awe of the “King of the Jungle”.
I am also a big fan of hooded zip-ups with pockets. 10 Depp did an amazing job with the Native Zip-up by taking a simple, heather gray hoody, and adding a printed pouch to it. The “Cuzco” print they’re using this seasn is one of the most detailed native prints I have seen. The combination of colors mixed in with the stick figures and shapes makes for a very unique print. Lastly, I added the Mishka “Keep Watch Stripped Pom Beaine”. I thought that the beanie was the ideal for the cold season we’re in, and it’s a simple classic that topped the outfit off perfectly for me.
Back at it! Another little lookbook is in the…books. This time out, we took photos for the new Mishka Summer 12 gear, featuring a special guest photographer, hardcore Mishka enthusiast and close friend – Steve Nunes, “The Masked Man”!!
Steve had a buttery vision for the photos we would take and considering our little run-in with the cops during last year’s Mishka Summer ’11 shoot, I thought this would be a nice followup. We called some friends down and enlisted our cosmetician magician – Jacqueline Valega (again) to add her make-up effects to the mix as well!!
Had a lot of fun as always, and what a pleasure it was to work with everyone involved. Have a look at all the photos below and be sure to snatch up these summer jams before they’re gone!
Before Spring comes in get yours!!!!
*Sale ends Sunday, February 26th*
It’s holiday time and no one brings the goodies like our friends over at Mishka! Amongst the usual strong selection of tees, hats, and fleece pieces there are some highlights that deserve pointing out.
- The “Post War Utility” Shirt, is a 3-pocket, camo buttondown with light denim accents that make up the collar, back yoke, and pockets. No Full Metal Jacket required, this shirt stands strong on it’s own.
- The “Der Cosmos” Crewneck – a classic from 2008, which may not make it that “classic”, but it’s amazing and a favorite nonetheless. So no use in waiting a decade to bring it back, Mishka pulls a Jordan-like move and makes a retro happen much sooner, and to pleasant reception. I read that this one was designed by Robin Nishio – who is basically responsible for inspiring one of our best movie nights ever.
- Another favorite that Mishka did us the favor of bringing back is the “Rock Is Still King” tee. Jon Vermilyea on the design for this one, which has been an instant favorite at the shop.
- Now I’d rather talk about the hats and stuff, but I’ll swallow my pride for just this one time. The “Cross Check” t-shirt, is one that many of the New York Rangers fans should be pleased with. Front and back print, fully rags Ranger’d out. The shirt is so dope, even a die hard Islanders fan like me couldn’t resist bringing it into the shop for the Ranger faithful.
Anyway, take a look at the rest of the pieces and treat someone or yourself to a little Mishka for the holidays….
Click here to see the rest of the photos —> Read moreNo comments
For Part 3…we went back to our core, to bring you the most “butter” photo series of the 3. With today being Halloween, which was celebrated all month long with a variety of horror-movie nights events – it’s only fitting that we present the looks with our friends masked up and ready to start a scare!
Here’s a few notes on pieces by each brand I feel deserves a little extra attention:
- 10 Deep “Gretzky” long sleeve – worn by my fellow die-hard hockey fan Andrew, the piece brings fleece comfort to the classic styling of a hockey jersey – a look that has always stood out over time. And, thanks to 10 Deep – it’s that time again!
- Rocksmith’s “Militia Hooded Buttondown” – I chose to wear myself as a crazy Captain Bald Eagle concoction. The piece is colored in that olive color perfect for this time of year and is constructed in a tough ripstop material as rugged as the song the shirt is named after, Gangstarr’s “Militia”.
- G.P.P.R. absolutely nails it with this “McQueen Jacket”, producing the perfect camouflage piece for the season. And Kenroy wore a mask with it that was a little too good of a fit.
- The “Mishka” pieces are always near and dear to us, and I think D and K-swissy sported them in the bizarro way they should be. K-Swissy wore the ultra-fiended for “Keep Watch Leggings”, while D took the “Death Adder Varsity Jacket” to a whole other level.
- Amongst Friends debuted the “First String Varsity Jacket” this season leaving many with an “Oh S—!!” reaction when people have seen it up close and personal. Alex gave this piece a try, finding it to personify the essence of classiness that is Amongst Friends.
- While a few stellar Publish pants are seen on many of the models, the piece I’m finding essential to everyone’s wardrobe is the “Graft Camo Jacket”, which acts as a light jacket or layering over-shirt. Our boy Washington brings this together quite nice as Mr. V for Vendetta!
This is the last of the Fall looks and we urge you to give the pieces that have caught your eye a try before these all disappear. Let’s see what combos you guys can put together, and feel free to come and try these on with a mask as well just for the hell of it.
Click the image below to view the photos
Big buttery thanks to everyone for helping out – always special and fun getting together with the fam on projects like this!!
Part 2 is here!! Or should I say Part Deux…
The followup to “Official Selections” Fall 2011 – Part 1. This time around we’re exposing you to the other side of the game, bringing out the more casual and mature (or is it grown and sexy?) side of street-wear. Whatever it may be, this lookbook features a ton of dopeness curated by Extra Butter for your viewing pleasure.
No matter the occasion, these everyday Fall selections are guaranteed to keep you looking like the accomplished and morally advanced individuals you are. Yet again helping you to achieve these distinguished looks are the likes of Amongst Friends, G.P.P.R., Mishka, Publish, Rocksmith, and 10Deep. You should know that when these brands combine, they form like a street-wear donning Voltron, giving you a complete and unique style that never fails. Take a look at some of the highlights from Part 2:
- “Ranch Hand” Denim Jacket by 10Deep
- Wool Tweed & Flannel Lined “Upstate” Vest by Amongst Friends
- “Skyline” Shawlneck Caridgan by Rocksmith
- “Patchwork” Poplin by Mishka
- “Leroy” Bomber Jacket & “Endo” Chinos by Publish
- “Rhodes” Long Sleeve Sweater & “Cro Mags” Twill Pants by G.P.P.R.
Click the image below to view the photos
And please do remember, we will be releasing Part 3 of our Fall series around Halloween!
With the store fully stocked with a variety of looks and styles from our favorite brands, we had no choice but to provide you with an inside look at the best of what this season has to offer. Thus, I introduce to you the “Official Selections” Fall 2011 lookbook. You can thank us later.
As the first part of a 3-part series, this lookbook is packed with tons of heat and features the crew keeping it trill in some of the more athletically inspired pieces we have available here at the store. Here’s an idea of some of the aforementioned heat you can expect to find within the pages of this guide to Fall freshness:
- Varsity Jackets & Cardigans by 10Deep & Mishka
- Outerwear by 10Deep & Amongst Friends
- Bottoms & Denim by GPPR, Mishka, & Publish
- Snapbacks, Fitteds, and Beanies by Rocksmith, 10Deep, & Mishka
Basically, the brands we carry came through with all the heat you need for the season…
Click the image below to view the photos
Be on the lookout for Parts 2 & 3 coming soon!
Sometimes a t-shirt and a cap isn’t enough, sometimes you just need more Mishka in your life. Well to fill that need we just got in a few neat new Mishka accessories to keep you repping the eyeball in all aspects of your lifestyle. With an assortment of glasses, wallets, keychains and turntable slipmats, we’ve got an assortment of knick-knacks that are sure to keep you Mishka’d out.
If you’re a holder of a boulder, money folder, then you can definitely keep all of your crispy bills tucked in the Keep Watch tri-fold wallet. Composed of a light weight nylon base, the Keep Watch tri-fold has all the compartments needed to keep your ID’s, cards, and anything else worth tucking away.
Functionally it’s a great slipmat perfect for cutting up any DJ set. But these slipmats look so cool that they would make a great decorative piece for any eyeball enthusiast.
If your keys are looking a little bare, trick them out with the Mishka Monster Hand keychain. The warty demon hand is built sturdy out of all metal, all while keeping all of it’s monstrous details.
From your morning cup of coffee to your after work pint of beer, Mishka has a beverage container ready for you whether it’s hot or cold. The sick Cyco Simon mug and the all over pattern Keep Watch pint glass is here just in time to keep your thirst quenched in style.
For more info, click the pics above or reach us at: (516)-632-5150 / email@example.com
Now if this guy that’s standing in front of a fleet of Мишка Keep Watch New Era caps looks a tad bit familiar then he should. Because if you’ve been on this blog before then you might remember him from our Mishka Spring 2011 shoot, or maybe from last year’s Mishka Spring 2010 shoot, or maybe you remember him as the guy who did the “Little Mermaid” at the end of the teaser. Or you might just vaguely remember seeing a double jointed B-Boy freaking a sick pose throughout a spree of EB events and shoots.
But if for some reason your memory is still a little fuzzy, allow me to reintroduce our good buddy Mikey Lastik aka the Manila Folder, or you can just call him Suitkace. As a member of the B-Boy group Breaks Kru, Suitkace might be better known for his unique flexible contortionist break dancing style which is always good for some “Oohs & Ahs”. But what some might not know is that Suitkace is also somewhat of a New Era cap connoisseur. With over 150 hats in his collection, Kace might only be a few steps away from finding himself on an episode of Hoarders.
After a few dozen meetings with Suitkace and noticing that he wore a different Мишка Keep Watch fitted cap every time a few questions came up… We found out that Suitkace personally owns over 30 of these Keep Watch caps, an addiction that stems from a long time love of hats with eyes on them. With only a few exceptions Suitkace’s Keep Watch collection runs through most of the Мишка catalog, including all of the first season caps.
So after all of the talks about Keep Watch caps we couldn’t help but to ask Suitkace to bring in a sampling of his collection for us to see first hand. Being the huge Мишка geeks that we are we super stoked to see a mash up of Keep Watch season past and present all laid out in front of us. With a lay out consisting Keep Watch caps ranging from the Playoff, to the My Pet Monster, to the Terminator, to the Skeletor Keep we all saw our fave eye ball cap colorways and reminisced on the one’s that we slept on.
We here at Butter (being collector nerds ourselves) are always fans of collectors of all sorts, and also being fans of Мишка we got a double whammy win by being able to take a peek at some of Suitkace’s collection. Hat’s off to that!
For Mishka’s Summer ’11 collection we decided to get the crew together and take a trip down to Lido’s Malibu Beach Club. While shooting this lookbook we learned a few valuable lessons. First we learned that Malibu is a swag-free zone as we were subsequently kicked off the premises for “having too much swag.” Props to Mishka. We also learned that Karin has a wicked jump shot.
However, before we became Malibu’s most wanted we had a great time lounging on the beach eating hotdogs, shooting hoops, and playing Kan Jam in the new gear. This collection comes with no shortage of highlights starting with Lamour Supreme’s awesome and ominous t-shirts perfect for the summer…monster parties, or the impending apocalypse. We also put our basketball skills on display while sporting Mishka’s Baller t-shirts and snapbacks, which give you their take on the Lakers’ and Knicks’ classic logos. Another highlight of this collection are the Keep Watch and Death Adder necklaces done by Good Wood, you won’t miss out on these would you??
To view the rest of the photo gallery please click here –> Read moreNo comments